1. BRAZILIAN SEAFOOD STEW
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes w/ chilis
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbs. sriracha
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to tasteHeat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Saute onions for several minutes until translucent, then add the garlic and peppers and cook for several minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, shrimp and cilantro to the pan and simmer gently until the shrimp turns opaque.
- Pour in the coconut milk and sriracha, and cook just until heated through (do not boil).
- Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
2.HONEY GLAZED WALNUT AND COCONUT SHRIMP WITH GARLIC AND BACON BROCCOLI
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup walnuts (small to medium pieces)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/8 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 4 cups Fresh Broccoli (Sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Heat coconut oil in pan.
- Add walnuts and shredded coconut. Cook for about one minute.
- Add honey. Coat everything in honey.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Slice broccoli into thin slices.
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add minced garlic and crumbled bacon.
- Heat for one minute.
- Add broccoli. Stir broccoli to mix in with oil, garlic and bacon.
- Cover and cook on medium high heat for about 10 minutes. Broccoli should still be slightly crisp. Don’t overcook.
Serve and eat. Makes about 4 servings.
3. PESTO SHRIMP SAUTE
- 4 ounces Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup of homemade pesto (check out my recipe here)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- three plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil +1 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
4. CRAB CAKES WITH WASABI AVOCADO SAUCE
- 1 lb Lump Crabmeat drained
- 3 Green Onions Finely sliced
- ¼ Cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Egg Yolks
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ⅛ Cup Paleo Mayo
- a Dash of Red Pepper
- ⅛ Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- ⅛ Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
1. Finely dice the red bell pepper and green onion. In a medium bowl mix together the crab meat, bell pepper, onion, egg yolk, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper, sea salt and black pepper. Form them into small patties and place each one on a plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. In a small dish mix together the almond flour and shredded coconut. In a large skillet heat the coconut oil on high. Take the patties and press both sides into the almond flour mixture and brush off any excess. Place in the coconut oil to fry. Repeat with the rest of the crab cakes. Fry them for 4 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy.
3. In a blender combine avocado, wasabi paste, water, coconut aminos, rice vinegar and sea salt. Blend on high until smooth.
4. Serve the crab cakes while hot with a drizzle or dollop of wasabi avocado dip!
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tablespoon Paleo Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Wasabi Paste (or more to taste)
- ⅓ Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- a Dash of Sea Salt
5. SHRIMP SCAMPI
- 2 lbs of shrimp, peeled and deveined, 2 tbsp of olive oil + 1 tsp
- 1/4 cup of white wine, 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- A pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, 1 spaghetti squash cut lengthwise
6. PAN FRIED SNAPPER WITH BROCCOLINI AND SPICY AVOCADO PUREE
- two snapper fillets
- 1 bunch brocollini
- half lemon, sliced half into wedges
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Blend avocado and chilli in a food processor until a smooth puree is formed. Set aside.
- Marinade snapper fillets with salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Pan fry snapper fillets, 2-3 mimutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, boil or steam broccolini for 3 minutes.
- Plate your dish, garnish with salt and pepper and drizzle some lemon. Your dinner is ready!
7. ROSEMARY SALMON
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Mix the olive oil, rosemary, and salt together in a bowl.
- Rub the mixture onto the salmon fillets.
- Wrap each fillet in a piece of aluminium foil with some of the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. SUMMER VEGETABLE MAHI MAHI BAKE
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 small to medium crookneck squash, sliced into 1/4 thick inch rounds
- 10-12 plum tomatoes, stems removed and halved
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried dil, divided
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1 lb Mahi Mahi filets, about 4 filets
- 8-10 sprigs of fresh thyme, 12 kalamata olives, sliced, 2 tbsp capers
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place zucchini, crookneck squash and tomato slices into a large bowl with the minced garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and juice of half of a lemon. Season with dill, salt and pepper. Stir well to evenly coat vegetables.
- Line a large baking dish (about 8”x12”) with foil. Place Mahi Mahi filets in bottom of pan.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over fish filets. Season with salt, pepper and remaining dill.
- Pour seasoned vegetables into the pan, evenly covering fish filets. Place thyme sprigs on top of vegetables.
- Cover baking dish with foil and place in oven to roast for 25 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove foil from pan. Remove thyme sprigs and sprinkle olives and capers evenly over vegetables.
- Return to oven to cook, uncovered for an additional 5 minutes. Check to ensure fish is cooked through and vegetables are soft. If necessary, continue to cook at 5 minute intervals until done.
9. BLACKENED CATFISH OVER PARSLEY MASHED CELERY ROOT
- 2 catfish fillets
- 1 celery root
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tblsp butter
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- Blackening spice (sugar free)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut outside brown skin off celery root. Cut into 1 inch cubes, place in a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 10-13 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain celery root and put in bowl.
- Blend with coconut milk, butter, 1 tlbsp extra virin olive oil, chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over fish.
- Add salt if not already in blackening spice. Evenly dust both sides of fish with blackening spice.
- Place fish on baking sheet and place under broiler set to High and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Gently flip over and cook 3-4 minutes on the other side or until fish is white and easily flakes.
10. BAKED COD
- Codfish Filets
- approx 2 oz. Grassfed Butter (Kerrygold/salted)
- 13-20 Garlic Cloves (1 1/2 whole bulbs)
- Black Pepper
- 1 whole 2-3″ Red Onion
- 4 – 8oz. fillets of Cod.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lining the whole inside of pan w/ Tin Foil is optional (I do).
- I used a Mortar and Pestle to mash the garlic cloves a bit – but they were mostly whole.
- Line bottom of Pan /w butter, sliced onions and 1/2 of the garlic.
- Place your Cod Pieces on top.
- Add the rest of the Garlic – add more butter, extra Sea Salt, Black Pepper etc.
- Place in Oven for approx 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, turn oven off but leave dish in hot oven for about 5 mins. Take out and let sit to cool a bit.