- 1 tbl coconut oil, divided
- 1 lb grassfed ground beef
- 1 onion, sliced in crescents
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock (watch for sodium)
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz (1¾ cup) pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Optional: 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Add half the coconut oil to a pan / dutch oven large enough to make your soup in. At medium heat, brown the ground beef. Once cooked through, set the beef aside.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the onions until slightly transparent. Add the mushrooms to the pan. Cook until they have released their juices and begun to take on some color.
- Use a splash of the beef stock to scrape up any fond on the pan. Then add back the cooked ground beef from earlier. Also add the pumpkin puree and tomato sauce. Stir through to combine the pumpkin and tomato sauce before also adding the rest of the stock, garlic powder and oregano. If using, add the sprig of rosemary.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. When it’s thickened to your taste, remove the rosemary (if you used it) before serving.