- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs ghee or coconut oil
- 1kg ground turkey breast
- 2tbs GF Worcestershire sauce
- 4tbs tomato paste
- 1tbs dried oregano
- 1/2tbs dried rosemary
- 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped, 1 to 1.5kg carrots, chopped (can sub cauliflower for this if you want), 3 garlic cloves, 1-2tbs ghee, salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
2. In an oven-proof 12-inch skillet (I used cast iron) or heavy-duty pot, sweat the onion and garlic in coconut oil or ghee with a pinch of salt on low heat.
3. Turn up the heat and cook the turkey until slightly brown and no longer pink.
4. Add in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, stock, spices and zucchini then let it cook for about 20 minutes until thickened. Adjust for seasonings.
5. Meanwhile, steam your carrots and garlic cloves in a steamer basket or stainless-steel colander over a pot of boiling water. Drain and place in the food processor.
6.Puree the carrots until smooth with the ghee and adjust your salt and pepper.
7. If you’ve used a skillet, simply spoon the mashed carrots over the turkey mixture and smooth, using a fork to make a pattern to give the mixture more surface area to brown. Cover with foil and let cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes then broil for 15 until browned. If you used a pot, transfer the turkey mixture into a roasting tray and follow the same process.
8. Let cool a bit before serving.