- 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cube beef-flavored vegetarian bouillon
- 7 ounces collard greens, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can
- 1 1/4 cups water
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in water until onion is softened and translucent, about 10 minutes, adding more water as needed to prevent scorching. Stir vegetarian bouillon into onion mixture.
- Stir collard greens, tomatoes, and 1 1/4 cup water into onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in great Northern beans and sugar and continue to simmer until liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes more. Adjust seasoning as needed.