- ½ tbl coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ lbd broccoli florets, chopped into bitesize pieces
- 1 white sweet potato (about 1 lb), cubed
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 cups cooked / leftover chicken, shredded or in bitesize pieces
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add the diced onions and coconut oil to a large soup pan over low-medium heat and soften for about 5 minutes – this is when I chop my other vegetables. Don’t have the heat so high that the onions brown, you just want them to be translucent.
- When the onions have softened, season to taste, then add the chopped broccoli and white sweet potato, along with the stock, coconut milk & lemon juice. Bring almost to a boil and then simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pot and simmer for another 5 – 10 minutes, until the chicken is hot all the way through.
- Stir in the green onions and cilantro before serving.