- 6 ounces breakfast sausage links, chopped (I used Niman Ranch. Applegate Farms is good, too)
- 2 bell peppers, assorted colors, chopped small
- ½ cup green onions, chopped small
- ¾ cups kale, chopped small
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic)
- 4 ounce can Hatch green chiles, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro 1 dozen eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add sausage and brown all around.
- Add peppers and kale and cook to soften, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with remaining ingredients.
- Add sausage and veggies.
- Line muffin tins with papers and divide egg mixture among them, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the center is firm to the touch.