- 2 bananas, peeled
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- Place banana in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Then crack eggs into food processor and mix together.
- Now you’ll want to get the beans out of you vanilla bean pod. Use a sharp knife to cut the pod in halve, lengthwise. Then use the back of your knife to scrape out the inside of the pod, removing all the flecks.
- Toss the flecks into the food processor along with coconut flour, vanilla extract, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Puree until smooth.
- Now heat up a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, pour around 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture into skillet. I made each pancake about 3 inches, and that was perfect for flipping.
- Wait until each pancake begins to form bubbles on the surface, then flip. If you keep the pancakes smaller, the will cook more evenly and flip perfectly.
- While the pancakes are cooking, let’s make the compote.
- Place frozen berries in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the mixed berries begin to soften, add in honey and use a spatula to break up the berries even more.
- Make all your pancakes and top with berry compote.
Makes 16-18, 3 inch pancakes