- 1 kg chicken breast cut in bite-size cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes cut in cubes
- 6-7 White mushrooms sliced
- 1 large eggplant and 1 zuccini cut in cubes
- Half a can on coconut milk
- Coconut oil or any other oil of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chopped onion
- 2-3 curry leaves or curry powder (1 tsp)
- Garam masala (1 tbsp or however spicy you want it to be) 1 tbsp turmeric 200 ml chicken stock
1. Heat oil in the pan and fry the chicken cubes for 5 min till meat is white on the outside. No need to cook it though – it will get cooked later. Put it aside
2. Fry your onion till translucent, then add the vegetables (sweet potatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini and spices (curry leaves, garam masala and turmeric) and stir-fry for about 5-7 min.
3. Add your chicken to the vegetables, stir in coconut milk and chicken stock, cover with the lid and cook for 15-20 min on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Once ready – serve and enjoy! I find it that curries taste the best several hours after making then, when meat absorbs all the awesome spicy flavors.