from Phoenix Helix
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 4 cups cubed golden beets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 8 oz. green beans (fresh or frozen)
1. If you’re making homemade coconut milk, make it first and set aside.
2. Peel & cube the butternut squash and beets, making the beet cubes a little smaller than the squash. Steam both until almost tender.
3. In a medium saucepan, sauté the onions in coconut oil until soft. Add garlic and ginger and cook another minute.
4. Add the coconut milk and green beans. Bring to a gentle simmer.
5. Finally, add the steamed squash and beets. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft and have absorbed most of the spiced coconut milk. This takes about 15 minutes, but you can also turn down the heat and allow it to soak in longer for added flavor.
6. Salt & pepper to taste. (It doesn’t need much; it’s very flavorful on its own)