- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmigiano-reggiano
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/4 lb soppressata or pepperoni finely chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp grated onion
- 1 sprig oregano finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine 1 cup crushed tomatoes 6 oz fresh mozzerella shredded
- Preheat oven to 400. Beat eggs, milk, parmigiano, salt and pepper.
- In ovenproof skillet, heat 2 Tbsp EVOO over medium heat. Add eggs and keep them moving as they cook. When eggs begin to firm, transfer skillet to oven. Bake about 10 minutes until light golden and puffed, but not cooked through.
- In another skillet, heat 2 Tbsp EVOO over medium-high heat. Add pepperoni, garlic, onion, oregano and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the wine and reduce for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and simmer to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Remove frittata from oven and top with tomato sauce and mozzarella. Bake to melt cheese, 8-10 minutes. Top with parsley and basil.