- 4 wild-caught salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp fat/oil for frying
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp mustard (1/4 tsp ground mustard)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary or other herb (1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add olive oil, avocado, lemon juice, zest, mustard, garlic, herbs to a blender or food processor.
- Process until creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put vinaigrette in refrigerator while you cook your fish.
- Melt oil/fat (I used butter) over medium heat.
- Dry the salmon with a paper towel and salt and pepper both sides.
- Add salmon to hot skillet, skin-side down.
- Reduce heat to med-low and fry for 4-5 minutes until skin crispy.
- Turn heat down to med, flip salmon and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Time will vary depending on thickness of salmon and your preferred doneness.
- Salmon should be pink, feel slightly firm and easily flake with a fork.
- Spread a spoonful of vinaigrette on a plate, place the salmon on top and drizzle more vinaigrette on top (use as much or as little for your own taste).