- ½ cup pecans (more would work if you REALLY love pecans)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Coconut Oil, melted
- ½ cup Coconut Cream Concentrate or homemade coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil then add your pecans to the pan. Toss around to coat in the oil and keep moving to help roast your pecans without burning them.
- When your pecans begin to become fragrant and browned a bit, add your honey and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Once your sugar begins to thicken just a little, add your coconut oil and coconut cream concentrate. Keep mixing with a rubber spatula to make sure your coconut cream concentrate doesn’t burn.
- Then add your cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- When everything is well combined, turn burner on low and let simmer for about 3-4 minutes to thicken just a bit. (it won’t get super thick, so don’t expect that)
- While your mixture is thickening, line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper, pressing the paper down into the sides of the dish.
- Then pour your mixture into the parchment-lined baking dish and use a spoon to spread out the pecans throughout the mixture.
- Place in the freezer and let freeze for an hour or more. When you pull it from the freezer, it should be completely hardened but still have chewiness to it.
- Use a knife to break it into pieces.
- Store in the freezer until serving!