- 6 thin slices pancetta or 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 bunches flat-leaf spinach (about 2 1/2 pounds total), trimmed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat a large skillet over medium.
- Add pancetta; cook until crisp, 4 to 6 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a paper-towel-lined plate; reserve fat in skillet.
- Add as much spinach as will fit in skillet; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, tossing spinach and adding more as it wilts.
- Continue to cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and pour off excess liquid; stir in lemon juice.
- Top with pancetta.