• 1 Beef Tri-Tip. (Chuck, Brisket etc would work just as fine.)
• 2 cup (5 dl) Beef Stock.
• Red wine. (Save your good wines for drinking though, cheaper ones work just fine for cooking…)
• 1 Onion, peeled and cut in quarts.
• 3 cloves of Garlic, crushed.
• 1 tbsp dried Thyme.
• 3 Bay Leaves.
• About 10 assorted Peppercorns.
- On the evening the day prior to when you plan to eat the dish, trim the meat if needed and place it in a large bowl or pot.
- Pour over the beef stock and add wine until the meat is completely covered.
- Cover with a lid and put it in the fridge to let marinate over night.
- The next day, about 10-12 hours before you plan to eat the dish, place the meat in a slow-cooker, add the rest of the ingredients, and pour over the wine/stock marinade.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- When done, carefully lift the meat out of the slow-cooker, let it rest for a little while, then cut the meat across the grains.