- 5 lb. grass fed beef brisket
- ½ tsp. coarse black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. minced dehydrated garlic
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. dill seed
- ¼ tsp. dehydrated red bell pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Mix all the spices together and sprinkle over all surfaces of the meat.
- Place meat in large roasting pan and pop into oven, uncovered for 1 hour.
- Lower heat to 325º and remove pan from oven. Pour ½ ” water in the bottom of the pan around the meat.
- Tightly cover with a piece of large aluminum foil and pop back into oven and cook for about 4 more hours.
- Check once and replenish water if below 1/4″ deep. Uncover for the final hour of cooking to get a nice brown crusty surface on the meat.
- Meat is well done (how I prefer oven-roasted cuts like this) when it reaches an internal temperature of 140º on your meat thermometer.