Vine ripened tomato / quartered
– Cucumber / peeled and sliced
– Red onion / thinly sliced
– Green pepper / thinly sliced
– Black olives
– Feta cheese
– Extra virgin olive oil
– White wine vinegar
1. Put the tomato, cucumber, red onion, green pepper, and olives into a big bowl and sprinkle with generous amount of salt and little sprinkle of oregano. Mix it all together then top with a slab of Feta cheese.
2. Leave the bowl to stand on the side for 15 – 20 minutes. This will allow the salt to soak into the tomatoes and bring out the wonderful juice, and will also allow the cheese to get to room temperature (the flavour of cheese is best sampled at room temperature).
3. Just before you serve the dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle more oregano on top.
**The Greeks serves this salad with chunks of bread, which they use to soak up the lovely juice at the bottom of the bowl!**