- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 fresh habanero chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken thighs and drumsticks (or whichever chicken parts you’d like)
1. In a large Ziplock bag, add chicken and marinade. Squeeze out the air and seal. Squish around to distribute the marinade. Refrigerate for 1 day, turning the bag over once or twice.
2. When you’re about ready to cook, take the chicken out and let it sit for about 1 hour.
3. Preheat grill on high, then turn heat down to moderate. Cook chicken for about, 15 to 20 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Occasionally brush any leftover marinade on chicken as you cook.
4. Turn heat down to low and cook, covered, for about 25 minutes more.