- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1lb Tropical Traditions Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 (14oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 egg whites, whisked
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, use a spoon to remove the seeds and excess threads.
- Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. Make sure not to overcook!!
- Add your ground beef to a large bowl and add ½ tablespoon of parsley, basil, and thyme and a bit of salt and pepper. Combine.
- Make your ground beef into small bite-sized meatballs.
- Now place a large skillet under medium heat, add your fat then small meatballs.
- Then add your can of tomato sauce, extra herbs, and salt and pepper.
- After meatballs have cooked for about 3-4 minutes, flip them and let them simmer in the sauce.
- While the meatballs are cooking through, remove your spaghetti squash from oven and use a fork to dethread the squash.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Place silicone cups in your muffin tin then add your spaghetti squash threads to eat silicone cup, pressing down in the middle of the cup for the meatball to sit.
- Once the meatballs are done cooking, remove them from the sauce, and place each one in a muffin tin.
- Now pour just a little bit of beaten egg white on top of each muffin, spaghetti squash and the meatball.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until egg is completely cooked through.
- Add extra sauce to a bowl and dip your spaghetti and meatball bites in the sauce!