- 2Tbsp cooking oil (I chose coconut oil or olive oil)
- 2lbs. ground beef (or ground meat of choice)
- 2Tbsp chili powder
- 2Tbsp cumin
- 1tsp oregano
- 1tsp allspice
- 1tsp salt
- 1 large white onion diced
- 4oz. tomato paste
- 28oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1cup water or enough liquid to cover the meat/sauce
- In a large pot, add hamburger meat and onions and cook through.
- Once thoroughly cooked, add the spice mixture and stir until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 1-2 hours. I usually simmer 1 hour and it tastes great. (I can’t wait too long when good food is cooking.)
Do not drain the liquid that’s produced when the meal/onions cook. It’s keeps the healthy fat in the dish and adds great flavor. Promise!