- 1 lb of grass fed beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 yellow squash or zucchini diced
- 1 small can of diced green chili
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1 minced jalapeño
- 2 T of chili powder, 1 T of cumin, 1 T of garlic powder, 1 T of onion powder, 1/2 t of paprika, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot over medium heat, brown up the beef.
2. Remove the beef from the pot and add in the onion, green pepper, squash, and garlic.
3. Once veggies are soft add the beef back into the pot along with all of the spices.
4. Stir around till al the spices are fragrant.
5. Now add in all the canned ingredients and the beef broth. You can add more or take away some of the broth depending on how soupy or thick you want this dish to be.
6. Let this simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Taste to see if you need salt and pepper.
7. You could also garnish the top with some minced red onion, avocado slices, or cilantro. This is also very good the next day after the flavors have a change to come together even more.