- 1 jar spicy tomato sauce (organic with no add sugars)
- 2 cups free-range low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen vegetable mix (such as zucchini, squash, carrots, bell peppers)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet potato cubes (fresh would work too)
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (organic with no added sugars)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) red chili pepper flakes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (rotisserie chicken works great here too)
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat add tomato sauce, chicken broth, frozen vegetables of choice, frozen sweet potato, onion, diced tomatoes with chilies, garlic, basil, sea salt, red pepper flakes, and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 10 – 15 minutes stirring often.
- Stir in shredded chicken and cover and simmer for 10 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Taste and season as desire with additional sea salt or if you want more spice additional red pepper flakes.