- 1 ½ lbs grass fed ground beef
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 leek, halved, and sliced (make sure you clean these guys really well)
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and leeks and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the veggies except the parsley and saute for another 7-8 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, brown the ground beef in a separate skillet.
- Once the meat is browned, add to the soup pot and mix in with the veggies.
- Add the parsley and all the dry spices and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock and coconut milk, bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.