- 1 lb Lump Crabmeat drained
- 3 Green Onions Finely sliced
- ¼ Cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Egg Yolks
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ⅛ Cup Paleo Mayo
- a Dash of Red Pepper
- ⅛ Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- ⅛ Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
1. Finely dice the red bell pepper and green onion. In a medium bowl mix together the crab meat, bell pepper, onion, egg yolk, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper, sea salt and black pepper. Form them into small patties and place each one on a plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. In a small dish mix together the almond flour and shredded coconut. In a large skillet heat the coconut oil on high. Take the patties and press both sides into the almond flour mixture and brush off any excess. Place in the coconut oil to fry. Repeat with the rest of the crab cakes. Fry them for 4 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy.
3. In a blender combine avocado, wasabi paste, water, coconut aminos, rice vinegar and sea salt. Blend on high until smooth.
4. Serve the crab cakes while hot with a drizzle or dollop of wasabi avocado dip!
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tablespoon Paleo Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Wasabi Paste (or more to taste)
- ⅓ Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- a Dash of Sea Salt