- 5 medium apples, cored and diced
- 2 cups raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 3 tbsps honey
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 tbsps coconut flour
- 3 tbsps butter, softened
- 1/2 ground flax seeds
- 3tbsps maple syrup, 1 large egg, 5 large egg yolks, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 fl oz heavy cream
- Put the apples, raspberries and 2 tbsps of honey into a large pan.
- Simmer for 30 mins ’til it resembles a dark red goo and the apple chunks have softened.
- Pour into a 9in pie dish.
- Using a food processor, grind the almonds, pecans and flax seeds to a rough crumb. You want some larger pieces in there for variety but it should be a grainy texture.
- Transfer this to a mixing bowl and stir in the coconut flour. Stir together the butter and the honey and pour into the nut mixture.
- Mix it together (I found that using my hands worked well for this) until it starts to clump – it should be like breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the crumble onto the fruit layer so that it is evenly distributed. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Heat the cream, vanilla and maple syrup for ten minutes on a medium heat, whisking occasionally.
- Beat in the egg and egg yolks.
- Whisk continuously for three minutes as it thickens. Note: the whisking here prevents lumps forming. I’m one of those weirdos that quite likes the lumps but if you don’t, keep moving that whisk.