- 3 to 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips*
- 2 small zucchini, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaves, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme or generous pinch of dried
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- If fresh red pepper is unavailable, substitute 1 small green pepper and 1/2 cup bottles sliced roasted red peppers. Cook green pepper with onion and add red pepper at last minute during reheating.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add onion and red pepper and stir fry until onion softens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, garlic and herbs and stir fry another 2 minutes. If not serving immediately, reheat by stir frying over high heat about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.