- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium anchovy fillets
- 1 pound cremini or white mushrooms, cut into halves if small, quarters if large
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the butter melts and the foam subsides, add the pepper flakes, garlic, and anchovies and cook, breaking up the anchovy fillets, with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is fragrant (~1 minute).
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated and the mushrooms are lightly browned, about 12 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste and serve immediately.