Ingredients needed for 4 servings:
- 2 pounds small- to medium-size carrots
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Place rack in center of oven.
- Peel carrots if desired and trim green top, leaving about 1/2–inch. Cut larger carrots in half lengthwise and place in a rimmed baking sheet. Add shallots and thyme; drizzle with oil and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.