- 1/2 of a medium sized butternut squash (I diced and stored the unused half for an easy roasted veggie side dish later in the week)
- 1/2 Tbsp grass fed ghee or coconut oil
- Maple pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and cut butternut squash lengthwise, remove seeds (little hands love this part!), and then into fry sized pieces
- Combine squash fries and oil in bowl and toss. Add maple pepper or your favorite seasoning (I actually put aside a batch for me with curry and they were amazing)
- Bake at 425 for 10-15 mins, flip with a spatula and bake an additional 10-15 mins.
- And heres a shot of the kids plate with their nuggets and apple slices. My (Whole 30 compliant-more on that later) plate is a chicken burger with fresh mango salsa, avocado, steamed broccoli and curried fries