- 1 avocado, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Canola oil, for frying
- Lime Sriracha Mayo
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Juice from ½ lime
- Sriracha, or other spicy chili sauce
- Fill a skillet with oil until it’s about ¼ – ½ inch full. Heat on high until oil sputters when a drop of water is dropped in.
- Place the milk, flour and egg into three separate shallow dishes.
- Beat about a tablespoon of water into the egg mixture. Take a slice of avocado and dunk in milk, then the flour, then the eggs, then back in the flour.
- Place each slice on a plate until you’ve dunked the whole batch in batter.
- Slowly add the slices to the oil. You don’t want to overcrowd the pan, so stop before they all start touching each other.
- After about a minute you’ll see the edges turning brown, this means it’s time to flip them over.
- Allow to cook for another minute and then remove them from the skillet and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To make the mayonnaise, mix together the mayo, lime juice and sriracha. Add the Sriracha to taste depending on how spicy you want it. Serve along side your avocado fries and enjoy!