- 1 medium yam, semi-peeled (okay to leave some of the peel on) and diced into ¼” cubes
- 1 medium white potato, semi-peeled as above, diced into ¼” cubes (or use more yam if avoiding white potatoes)
- 3-4 celery stalks, chopped
- 10-12 mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped or sliced
- 20 black olives (about half a can), sliced in half
- 11 oz chunk light tuna in water (I use the “family-size” foil pack rather than the can)
- 1 cup water, 2/3 cup raw cashews, 1 large clove garlic chopped, 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp coconut flour, 1 tsp dried dill weed, ¼ tsp celery seed, ¼ tsp turmeric, ¾ tsp salt, Ground black pepper to taste, 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Place all casserole ingredients (veggies and tuna) in large casserole dish or 9×13 baking dish. Gently mix to combine.
- Add water, cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast, oil, coconut flour, and seasonings to blender.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Add egg and blend for another 15-30 seconds.
- Pour sauce mixture over veggies/tuna and mix gently until completely combined and sauce is evenly distributed throughout veggies/tuna.
- Gently pat down top of mixture with back of spatula until the surface is level.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 50 minutes, covered.
- After 50 minutes, remove foil, and return to oven to bake (uncovered) for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.