- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs lean ground beef (I used 96/04)
- Taco Seasoning (1 packet, or your favorite loose seasoning from your local farmers market)
- 1/8 c diced red onion
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 c shredded cheese
- 2/3 c chunky salsa
- Shredded lettuce and sour cream, as needed
- In a little bit of olive oil, sauté the diced onions, and then add the ground beef. Make sure to break up the ground beef while it’s cooking.
- As the beef starts to brown, add your taco seasoning; if you’re using the packet kind, follow directions. If you’re using the loose kind (like we have), make sure to add about 1/4 c water to 3 Tbls seasoning.
- Simmer the beef over med-high heat until all the beef is cooked and the water has cooked down
- Once the beef is cooked, add to your casserole dish with 2/3 cup of the cheese and the jalapenos. Mix well.
- Pour the salsa on top of the casserole, and then sprinkle the remaining 1/3c cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes–enough to heat everything through and melt the cheese.