Ingredients (serves 4-6)
– 1 Cup almond flour
– 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– 2 big roasted chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) cut into small pieces
– 2 Tbsp olive oil
– 3 Cups cremini mushrooms – sliced
– 1 Cup chopped onion
– 1 Cup chopped carrots
– 1 Cup chopped celery
– 1 Cup finely chopped broccoli
– 1 Cup finely chopped cauliflower
– 2 Cups chicken stock
– 1 Tbsp fresh Thyme
– 1 tsp dried parsley
– 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
– 2 tsp coconut flour
– 1 Tbsp fresh garlic
– pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- In a small bowl, mix together the crust ingredients
- Put the dough for the crust in between 2 pieces of wax paper and roll it out to create a thin layer to fit the size of your casserole dish (9 inch dish). Remove the top layer of wax paper. Put to the side.
- In a pot or large skillet heat the olive oil and add garlic and onion.
- Once garlic and onion is softened add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower and cook for 5-7 minutes until the veggies begin to cook through
- Add the roasted chicken, chicken stock, coconut flour (to thicken) and herbs
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Pour into your casserole dish and put the dough on top. I took the wax paper and flipped it upside down on top of the casserole dish and then gently pulled the wax paper away from the dough – you can see in the original picture that only 1/2 of the crust stayed intact during this process. It’s OK if it falls apart; you still get the entire flavor.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crust is brown. I had to broil mine for 5 minutes at the end to get my crust to crisp up.