From Cupcakes OMG
Makes about 8 medium pancakes or 12 silver dollars
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour, finely ground
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3 eggs, yolks removed from egg whites
- 1-2 Tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or non-dairy milk of your choice)
- coconut oil for cooking
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients with a whisk to gently sift and combine.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, honey, molasses, and milk.
- In another medium bowl, whisk egg whites until medium peaks form (about 3-4 minutes with an electric hand mixer).
- Add egg yolk and molasses mixture to dry ingredients. Mix well until incorporated.
- Gently fold egg whites into batter, spooning about 1/2 cup in at a time, until all egg whites have been incorporated.
- Heat a non-stick pan with about a Tbsp. of coconut oil over medium heat. Spoon a couple tablespoons of batter into the pan–about however much you need to make them the size you want, keeping in mind, the smaller the pancake, the easier it will be to flip.
- Cook until the first side is set, but not burnt. About 2-3 minutes, depending on your burner. Then, using a thin, flat metal spatula, flip pancake and cook other side another 2 minutes or so. You may have to continue flipping until it’s cooked all the way through. Ya know, like a regular pancake.
- Serve warm with grass-fed butter and real maple syrup.