From Jens gone Paloe
- Elana’s Scrumptious Sandwich Bread, cut into 1.5″-2″ slices
- 4 Dates
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Coconut Milk (I like Thai Kitchen’s Organic)
- 1/2 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 T. Cinnamon
- 1 T. Coconut Oil, for grilling
- Mix all of the ingredients (except for oil) in a blender, until smooth. Pour wet mixture into a large bowl of shallow baking dish. Soak bread in the mixture for approximately five minute and then flip. Soak on the second side for another 10 minutes of so…to really get the custard absorbed.
- *Heat the oil on a griddle or heavy-bottom pan over medium heat. Cook on first side for 5-7 minutes and then flip. Cook for another 7-10 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- I put a lid on my French toast as I cooked the second side.
- *You can also bake this French toast at 350F, for 20-25 minutes.
I served this with 100% Pure, Organic Maple Syrup. It would also be great with chopped pecans, bananas, and a dollop of whipped coconut milk w/vanilla.